Higherland International Ministries anticipates resuming Sunday morning services at the Marriott Residence Inn in Miramar, Florida, the first Sunday in June, which is June 6th, 2021, at 12:00PM. As we are making arrangement to start in person church meetings after the COVID-19 Pandemic it is important to kept safety in mind.
We must consider how to honor the social distancing principles provided by the Center for Disease Control, (CDC) and recommended by state and government officials. We will start with the CDC recommendations and gradually lift these restrictions as the CDC recommends and circumstances allow. Our main goal is to put procedures in place that would make all that come to the Sunday morning services feel safe.
Due to the social distancing requirements recommended by the CDC, we are moving to a larger room which would accommodate 30 to 40 people with social distancing. This means that we would be able to apply all the appropriate social distancing practices that the CDC recommended to ensure each church member’s safety. With the intent of honoring these restrictions, which we assume will still be asked of us once churches are encouraged to gather again, here are a few guidelines we will seek to apply that first Sunday:
- Our main goal is to be physically present together for our normal Sunday morning services.
- We will continue online church for those out of the area and for anyone who prefer to remain at home during this transition.
- Families will be allowed to sit together.
- Non-family members will be separated by (2) seats in every row to provide social distancing standards and to encourage members to spread out around the room.
- Masks must be worn by all members at all time while in the building and on the property.
- We know that we have not seen each other for a long time in person, but we encourage fist bumps and not getting too close to anyone for each person’s protection. (No hugging)
- We will ask everyone to honor social distancing while in the sanctuary interacting with others as well as in the parking lot.
- The hotel requests that everyone remain in the church’s meeting room; and stay away from the front desk (as they are trying to limit the amount of people in the lobby).
- We will enter and leave the church meeting room through the outside rear door of the meeting room, to avoid having too many people in the hotel lobby.
- Restrooms are still in the area near the lobby.
- We do not have any access to the kitchen eating area nor the coffee/tea area. Refreshments will be in the church meeting room.
- Due to COVID-19 we will not be allowed to have dinner after service until the CDC restrictions are lifted.
We appreciate your understanding these restrictions as they are being put in place to keep us all safe. Also having these safety plans in place will make most people feel safe to return to the church services again. Our goal is to make sure that everyone feels safe and comfortable to return to regular Sunday morning services.